Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and if you're anything like me you're always on the look for the perfect gift. The best way to snag the perfect gift is to make it! I recently talked about my favorite VDAY gift ideas over on A Better Day with Julie. My favorite of all the gift suggestions I made was this adorable "better together" shadowbox!
The concept behind the shadowbox is to fill it with items that you and your partner have done together. For example, mine has baseball tickets and theater tickets that my boyfriend and I attended together. You can hang it up somewhere for the two of you to enjoy and continue to fill it with more goodies as the two of you attend more awesome things together.
After all...everything really is better when you are together.
DIY "better together" Shadowbox
What you need:
- 12 x 12 shadowbox (got mine at Target)
- 1 sheet of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper
- "better together" graphic (see below)
- glue stick
- trinkets of things you do together
How to make it:
1) Attach the 12 x 12 paper to the background of the shadowbox.
2) Print out the graphic on white paper. I used white card stock.
3) Cut it out and stick it on the scrapbook paper with a glue stick.
4) Add trinkets to the bottom of the shadowbox. Just leave them loose.
5) Give it as a gift, then hang it in an awesome place to cherish!
Snag your a graphic to make your own shadowbox! I made them in several colors for you to print and paste yourself. If you want to create your own, it was super duper easy to create in Microsoft Word using simple shapes and text.
Check out my Etsy Store, The Trendy Sparrow, for chic art prints, coffee mugs, and apparel.
Thanks for reading, dolls! Come back for more!