Eeeeek! On Saturday, I get to leave to spend the week on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC! I've never been to SC, and it's been a long while since I've been to the ocean. Sure...we have gorgeous beaches here in Chicago along Lake Michigan, but it's been so cold here that it hasn't been warm enough to go into the lake...and it has barely been warm enough to go to the beach.
But...hooray! It's vacation time for me!
In celebration of getting everything ready to go for my beach vacation, I wanted to share with you my favorite beach essentials and must haves for this trip!
My favorite beach essentials:
1. A cute beach tank top - This adorable "Good times and tan lines" tank from Victoria's Secret is just perfection! It's sold out online, but you can find it in a few stores (on major sale! I got mine for only $7!). You can also find some on PoshMark.
2. A cozy beach blanket - Umm yes! I'm obsessed with this one from The Beach People. It's just perfection! If you're in the Chicago area, you can purchase them at Norcross & Scott.
3. A stylish beach hat - I love this straw fedora from Target. It's perfect with a tank and shorts. If floppy beach hats are also your style, I'm in love with (& own) this striped one from Target as well. They have an excellent selection of beach hats.
4. Cute and whimsical swim suits - I am bonkers about my pineapple & flamingo bottoms from Aerie. These are from last year, but you can find all sorts of adorable suits right now. This one and this one are my current favorites!
5. A beach bag - A good beach bag is absolutely essential to a great trip to the beach. The one from PinkSlip is great because it stores a lot of items and has pockets. Plus it's sturdy. Sometimes beach totes are so "nice" that I don't really see the point. You are going to get it covered in sand and water and more! Make sure it's sturdy.
6. Cute sunnies & a case - I love a good pair of sunglasses, but I can't get really nice ones...I'm too prone to breaking them. Does anyone else have this luck? I love just a cute, cheap pair of sunnies from Target. I keep them stored in this cute little fabric case from Michael's.
7. Sea salt spray - Sometimes you want to go straight from the beach to a restaurant or out on the town. This is why I love sea salt spray! This sea salt spray from Not Your Mother's because you can spritz it onto your hair right after being in the ocean to give yourself perfect wavy locks!
8. An adorable tumbler - Long days on the beach means a need for lots of cold beverages to keep cool. Our adorable "Beaches be Cray" limited edition cold beverage tumbler is perfect for sipping water, lemonade, and maaaaaybe a margarita or two ;)
Snag our "Beaches Be Cray" cold beverage tumbler
I'm so excited to go to Myrtle beach next weekend! I've never been! I can't wait to share all of my pictures and adventures from my week at the beach when I return.
Check out my Etsy Store, The Trendy Sparrow, for wedding paper goods and chic art prints & mugs.
Thanks for reading, dolls! Come back for more!