Etsy store in 2010, the main thing I did from my iPhone was answer emails, and emails from Etsy buyers through logging into my Etsy account in my Safari. This was technically possible to do on-the-go, but not exactly efficient or easy. I'm pretty sure I ran into many a wall trying to do all of that while walking through the craft store. Ouch, right?
Now, I am able to use several apps on my iPhone to make selling on Etsy simpler, and help me save a lot of time so that I am able to work more efficiently! I've complied a list of 5 iPhone apps that make running my store so much easier! I hope each of these work for you!
1. Sell on Etsy - I can't even begin to describe how helpful the "Sell on Etsy" app is! This app is still relatively new, but already they things I have been able to go with the app to increase the efficiency of my store is unreal! I can add/edit listings, answer buyer conversations (even using the "Snippit" function! Side note - I highly recommend getting the Snippit web app through Etsy. This web app allows you to write/save messages to buyers that you can then choose from to make answering questions that you get often easier. More on this function in future posts.), and check my statistics. If you have the Etsy card reader (Get it! Seriously!), then you can even take credit cards directly from this app when you are selling in person. This is definitely the app I use most often, and it has saved me a lot of time. If you are an Etsy seller, you NEED this app in your life.
2. USPS Mobile - If you're like me, then one of the most time consuming things you have to do is shipping. Living in the city, getting to a post office can be difficult...especially since I recently decided to no longer have a car (There just really isn't a point in Chicago.) Even when I did have my car, I would have to load up boxes upon boxes (YAY!) into my car, and then unload them at the post office. Now, I use my USPS app on my phone to schedule a carrier pick up. A postal worker comes to my home and picks up all of my packages for me. If you have somewhere to leave them, you don't even have to be home when they do it! Additionally, I also use this app to order shipping supplies when I am running low. A lot of people don't realize that USPS offers FREE (yes, I said the magical F word...no, not that one...FREE) shipping boxes and envelopes for Priority shipping (not just flat rate shipping). You can order these boxes and envelopes directly from the app. I'm able to handle so much of my shipping quickly and on my phone.
3. Any.Do - I'm really into todo lists. They keep me organized and working efficiently. When I was in school, I actually used to have 2 planners...1 for school and 1 for work/life. Some of us find organizing fun and not creepy, okay? The Any.Do app allows me to keep excellent todo lists beyond what the "notes" function on the iPhone can offer. I can categorize these lists by time or by deadline/date. You can add additional notes to an item on the list. You can even attach files (such as a photo) to a task. You can also add alarms to a task to make sure it gets done by a certain time. Even though I have my planner, I still enjoy having a todo list app on my phone that has so many functions in case I think of something that needs to get done for my Etsy store while I'm out running errands, and I do not have my planner with me.
You can purchase my "Building My Empire" mug.
4. PayPal - I take a lot of payments for my store on PayPal. Etsy now has direct checkout making purchasing so much easier because customers can now check out with credit cards directly instead of going through PayPal first. However, for www.thetrendysparrow.com, all of my orders come through on PayPal. The PayPal app allows me to see transactions and handle anything involving those transactions quickly. The PayPal app also allows me to send invoices for when customers want to preorder an item that isn't available on the store yet, or when an wholesale retailer needs to place an order.
5. Instagram - Social media has become incredibly important in today's world in terms of branding and marketing. When you run an Etsy store or any business that sells goods, it's important to show that product to the world in a visual manner. Instagram allows you to show off how visually appealing your product is while also marketing your product to the social media world. It even allows you to keep track with how your customers are showcasing your product through hashtags (#thetrendysparrow). By following those hashtags, I am able to see a) how my products are being used/displayed and b) who my customers are. I'm basically able to market a product, create brand cohesion, do market research, customer analysis, and show customers a little into my life/behind the scenes work all from my phone! Crazy, right? I actually take most of my instagram photos directly from my iphone (more on this in a future post). Some of those photos were so popular and customers were really drawn to them to the point that I made them actual product photos in my etsy store! I would say that I use instagram to help run my store quite often...even when I am not posting photos. Oh, and if you don't already, you should go follow me on instagram!
Do you use another app that makes selling easier? Share it below!
Thanks for reading, dolls! Come back for more!