Those of you who know me pretty well know that I am a giant nerd at heart. I love Harry Potter, pretty much anything super hero related, and could pretty much watch Doctor Who on loop over and over (Excessive? Naaahhhhh....)! While I love these beautiful and elegant weddings we often seen in magazines, one of my favorite wedding trends right now is the nerdy wedding. Beyond the fact that I'm pretty nerdy myself, I love that nerdy weddings often truly express the personalities of the bride and groom. These out of the box couples are creating their weddings to uniquely reflect who they are, and to me, that is something pretty dang special!
I wanted to showcase some nerdy weddings for you today. "Nerdy" is such a wide term and can apply to so many different types of things. So today I'm mainly focusing on superhero weddings, Doctor Who weddings (swoon), and Harry Potter themed weddings.
Super Hero Weddings
1. Comic book style wedding save the date cards from etsy seller AwkwardAffections.
2. Using action figures as boutonnieres for groomsmen (Photo by JaggerPhotography)
3. "POW" comic book style hair clip (Photos from RockNRollBride)
4. Batman and Batgirl Cake Topper (Find similar on Etsy)
Doctor Who Weddings
5. Tardis Wedding Cake (Photo via LauraFocus)
6. Sonic Screwdriver Bouquet via Etsy seller Diddlebug.
7. I love these cute "Girl Who Waited" and "Boy Who Waited" Rory and Amelia Pond signs (Photo source unknown)
Harry Potter Weddings
8. So many adorable ideas!! (Long list of ideas via BuzzFeed)
9. Cute snitch wedding cake! (Photo via OffBeatBride)
For more ideas, check out my Pinterest Board for nerdy weddings, fall weddings, chic weddings, classic weddings, and vintage weddings.
Thanks for reading, dolls! Come back for more!